I woke up at 5.30am, startled by the loud voice. Felt disturbed, I look out for the noise and found it was came from the mosque where is just nearby me. This is the 1st time I woke up because of it. It is unusually loud that morning, and I felt depressed, because it had disturbed my beauty sleep.
At last I fall back asleep after half an hour listening to the "song", I woke up again at 7.30am for work. Feeling tired, I pulled myself up and get myself ready to work. But I am so unhappy because of the disturbance in that morning. And I make up my mind to do complains to the newspaper.
After I consulted a few colleagues in my office, I finally realized that I cannot lodged in a complain through a newspaper as in Malaysia's laws, that Malays are given priority to built a mosque even there are only 10 houses of Malay residents. But what I wanted to consult is, it is not the matter that there is mosque nearby my house, in fact there are 2 mosques and 3 suraus, including all the housing areas nearby my house, and we as non-muslims did not complain anything about it.
Build a mosque is not a problem here, but they have overdid it. They can turn on the volume, but it is extremely loud like they had turned it on max. Even in the toilet I can hear each words of it CLEARLY. There was once, at around after maghrib, they informed the residents to join their ceramah agama at 8.00pm by using THE MICROPHONE.
We have learned to respect each other cultures in school, and we did. But what we get back in return? We didn't get respects from them also. Our house did not have built in sound proof windows. We do work, don't we? Does they think that the sound would disturb us from sleeping? Would they care if some people need to get to sleep in 3am every day because of their work required them too? If the Muslims want us to tolerate with them, and they shall need to think about non-muslims first. Not by turning on the volume high at 5.30am.
I am searching through the net to find the relevant authorities to get my complain on, but then, I hope they take actions instead of standing to the side, saying that it is the law. YES, it is but please do it in considerate volume. Not by turning it on, like u r in karaoke lounge.
As I writing here to voice out my feelings, I wish to drag attentions from the authorities. I do not wish to offend the Muslims or the governments, but I hope that Muslims should respect us and in return we would respect Muslim as well.
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment